Vision and Mission
Published on Tuesday, 15 May 2012 07:10
To be a world-class regulator of a vibrant capital market.
To promote market confidence, investor protection and access to financial services within capital markets in Kenya and the region through effective regulation and innovation.
Our Motto is Promoting Capital Markets Integrity. ‘’Kuimarisha uadilifu wa soko la mitaji’’
Our Core Values
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Innovation and Continuous Learning
The principle objectives of the Authority are:
- to develop all aspects of the capital markets and the removal of impediments to the creation of incentives for longer term investments in, productive activities;
- to facilitate the existence of a nationwide system of stock market and brokerage services so as to enable wider participation of the general public in stock market;
- to create, maintain and regulate a market in which securities can be issued and traded in an orderly, fair, and efficient manner, through the implementation of a system in which the market participants regulate themselves to the maximum practicable extent;
- to protect investor interests;
- to operate a compensation fund to protect investors from financial loss arising from the failure of a licensed broker or dealer to meet his contractual obligations; and
- to develop a framework to facilitate the use of electronic commerce for the development of capital markets in Kenya.