A proactive regulator of a competitive and robust capital market.
To promote the development of Kenya’s capital market to be an investment destination of choice through facilitative regulation and innovation.
Our Core Values
To fulfill its mandate, pursue the Vision and accomplish its Mission the CMA will be guided by its core values of:
a) Responsiveness - We are sensitive to and will deal with issues and situations affecting all our stakeholders in proactive and timely manner, using flexible decision making processes;
b) Innovation and Continuous learning - We are committed to facilitating continuous learning and innovation;
c) Integrity – We are committed to acting at all times with honesty, fairness, accountability, transparency, ethically and above board in all our operations;
d) Collaboration and Teamwork - We are committed to teamwork within the Authority and collaboration with our partners in the provisions of our services;
e) Commitment - We shall perform our duties with the highest level of professionalism, dedication with a view to exceeding the expectations of our clients and stakeholders.
The principle objectives of the Authority are:
- To establish a robust, facilitative policy, legal and regulatory framework for capital market development;
- To develop and deepen the capital market products and services;
- To promote investor education, awareness and interest in the capital markets;
- To enhance the efficiency and integrity of the capital market infrastructure and institutional arrangements; and
- To strengthen the institutional capacity of the CMA to effectively and efficiently deliver on its mandate.