NAME: Paul Kihara Kariuki DATE OF BIRTH: 11 May, 1954.
MARITAL STATUS: Married with three children.
- 1977- 1978: Kenya School of Law (Post Graduate Diploma in Law);
- 1974- 1977: University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws (LLB);
- 1968- 1973: Nairobi School, Ordinary Level, 1971: Advanced Level, 1973;
- 1961- 1967: Hospital Hill School, Nairobi, Certificate of Primary
- April 2018- Present: Attorney General, Republic of Kenya.
- 2013- March 2018: President, Court of Appeal of Kenya, Nairobi.
Instrumental in the decentralization of the Court of Appeal to Malindi, Kisumu and Nyeri Counties. Directed the development of the blueprint ten-point strategy for the transformation of the Court that culminated in the Court of Appeal Bill and the Strategic Plan for the Court of Appeal in Kenya.
- 2009- 2013: Director, Judiciary Training Institute, Kenya.
As first director of the Institute, was instrumental in establishing all the operational systems for the technical arm of the judiciary incorporating professional development for all judges, magistrates and all cadres of the paralegal staff at the Judiciary.
- 2003- 2011: Judge, High Court of Kenya.
Served in the Civil and Commercial divisions of the Court. Served as judge in the Election Court for various parliamentary petitions.
- May 2003- October 2003: Principal and Chief Executive Officer, Kenya School of Law.
- 2001- May 2003: Managing Director, International Controls Limited.
(Took a three-year break from the legal profession to pursue other interests).
- 1986- 2000: Partner, Messer Ndungu Njoroge and Kwach
- 1977- 1985: Legal Assistant and Partner, Messer Hamilton Harrison and Mathews Advocates, Nairobi.
Other Activities and Public Service Engagements:
- 1980- 2002: Chancellor (Honorary Legal Advisor), The Anglican
Church of Kenya;
- 1986- 1997: Member of the Kenya Anti-Corruption Authority
Chair of Thomas Barnado House and Rotary International.
- April 2014: Head of Delegation to a judicial Conference at the South African Constitutional Court, South Africa.
- November 2011: Member of the Kenya Delegation to the Federal Judicial Centre and National Judicial College, Washington, DC, United States of America.
Interests: Gardening, classical music, theater and drama, playing squash and cricket.
- Law Society of Kenya
- Commonwealth Lawyers Association 3.International Bar Association.
4.Lawyers International Services Agency USA.