The overall objective of this unit is to enhance the growth of Kenya's capital markets by designing and developing the very highest quality of new products, policy incentives and providing accurate timely data for internal and external use.
The Unit is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Researching and advising on new products before they are introduced to capital markets. This is usually done through concept papers and research outputs from which the regulatory framework is drawn up.
- Researching on ways of enhancing the institutional capacity of market intermediaries and other licensees of the Authority.
- Maintenance of a statistical database on economic and capital market parameters (performance indicators) and generating relevant reports for internal and external use.
- Development of viable and implementable proposals on capital markets Policy (Taxation and Fiscal) incentives and submission of the same to Treasury for consideration and approval. This is achieved through collection and analysis of stakeholders' views.
- Identification of capital market development gaps and potential constraints and making recommendations of the possible ways of filling those gaps and/or mitigating the constraints.