SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR- REF: DCS /SA/09/ 2019 – One (1) Year Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Manager, Information Communication & Technology, the successful candidate will be responsible for client and server computer systems administration, including configuration, coordination, maintenance, troubleshooting, usage monitoring and the development of specialized system procedures within the authority.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of server resources, services and applications, reviewing system and application logs for preemptive fault detection and resolution;
- Coordinate and strictly enforce the implementation of user and server data backup and recovery procedures to protect against loss of valuable data and information;
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration management, systems documentation, baselines and procedures;
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks;
- Monitor and manage system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency;
- Conduct maintenance and repair of client/server hardware or software faults;
- Conduct and manage the client/server operating system patches and updates through the windows server update service or equivalent;
- Provide client user support for escalated helpdesk issues;
- Document system faults/problems and the respective resolutions for future reference.
- Undertake any others duties that may be assign to you.
The ideal candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field;
- Systems administration/Systems Engineer certification in Linux/Microsoft
A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in systems administration experience
Key skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Ability to develop emergency response plans to unplanned events, including continuity planning and testing for CMA operations;
- Ability to develop testing of risk mitigation plans to determine effectiveness;
- Ability to share skills and knowledge within area of expertise to develop the capabilities of the CMA and its staff;
- Ability to support ICT procurement and contract negotiation and initiate action where agreements are not met;
- Proactivity in planning the integration of sensible upgrades into existing and new technological solutions;
- Be a team player with demonstrable consensus-building capabilities;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Support continuous improvement at the Authority through making implementable suggestions for change.
Please Click Here and apply. Applications should be received on or before September 24, 2019.
Note: Please provide complete and accurate information pertaining to the instructions provided in the e-recruitment portal. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
THE CAPITAL MARKETS AUTHORITY DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.